Thursday, July 4, 2013

Made It To Lima!

Feliz Dia del Independencia!

We made it to Lima and so did all of our bags.  Our flight from LAX to Lima was in a brand new airplane that was SWEET.  I love LAN airlines.  Two meals, wine, beer, and even whiskey (we stayed with the wine), and personalized movies for free.  We each watched three movies and arrived in Lima before we knew it.

We are now at a cheap hotel that isn't too far from the bus terminal, according to our taxi driver.  I guess we'll find out if that's true in the morning!

Kelsey sent me an email warning that there were riots on the Pan American highway that extended their bus ride to Huaraz yesterday from 10 to 20 hours.  According to our same taxi driver from the airport, the riots are only in the Plaza de Armas and no longer on the highway, but my Spanish is so rusty I could be wrong.

It's so fun to be traveling again!  Now to try to sleep for a few hours on that terribly hard and uncomfortable bed.  I may not be so cheery next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment